Sunday, November 29, 2009

Feelin' alot like Christmas

Hello Dear Prim Friends
I hope this post finds ya'll in GREAT spirits !
Whew it's soooo nice to be able to just sit a bit and blog. This past week has been a whirlwind I tell ya. With the paintin',workin',cookin' and shoppin' ohhhh my I was one tired lil ol gal. If ya read my previous post ya know all bout my paintin' woes that took me up until 1 a.m. Thanksgivin' morn. My motto needs to be what can go wrong.....usually does go wrong lol. Anyway the final outcome was worth the trouble and it needed it. My DH said....please don't ever try to paint during the week when we hafta' work again lol.
Here are a few pics of the finished job.....

This is my cabinet color. It's called bread basket. I love this color sooooo much I'm gonna paint my living room this color. It looks really good against the October Red that we painted the kitchen and dining room. I will post a full view pic later when I get everything organized better. I just haven't had time.
Here are a few pics that show a few of my Christmas decorations in my newly painted dining room...


This is one of those window frames I got at the auction. I got 6 of 'em for a buck ! This display is lackin' somethin'. I may put some rice lights around it. Not sure yet or maybe some real greenery. Any suggestions girlies ?


LOL this isn't my holiday decor but I hadta' share.
This is my boxer baby Ms. Daisy Mae after her share of Thanksgivin' dinner.She stuffed herself and had to take a lil ol nap lol. Look at that yawn hehehe.... Girlies you should hear this dog snore ! ohhh my she is soooo loud she just about wakes the neighbors lol.


My daughter took this pic. It's me fluffin' out the tree before puttin' on decorations. Our tree is a 9 foot tall slim Oregon Spruce. I hafta' get out the ladder to do the fluffin' on top.


Here it is with a few of the decorations on it. Still haven't finished it up yet.... Gonna try to get that all accomplished today.


Well.......lookie who decided to pop up in my pics again lol Ms. Daisy was lovin' all the hub bub of the lights and decoratin' frenzy last night lol.


This is a can I picked up at Jo's on Friday. Love the Santa. I also picked up an ott light for 20 bucks that day and got my oldest son the yudu screen print machine that he wanted for his birthday. In between all the paintin,shoppin' and cookin' last week, I also had 3 birthdays too ! My sons fiance, then my hubbies and then my oldest sons. They are all 2 days apart. Nov. 20th 22nd and 24th lol. Wow what a week whewww But yipppeeee I made it wooot wooot.


This is a paper mache snowman display I found at an antiques mall in Bedford. A small town about 30 miles from where I live. I loveeeee loveeeee snowmen.


A not soooo blurry close up of my lil snowmen. I would like to try and make one a these myself with paper mache or paper clay.



One more shot of the not finished yet tree. This is a prelit tree and there are a few lights not workin' sooooo DH is gonna hafta' chase down the problem. Thank goodness he is gonna do it cause I don't think I wanna try to do it lol.Prelit is nice till a light goes out.


This is a pic of my built in pantry doors. I forgot to take a before pic drats ! I just did this last night. Painted 'em flat black and made curtain panels for the doors. I made the panels out of the reproduction civil war fabric I got at Hobby Lobby. These were white and had some stenciling I had done when we first moved in our house 10 yrs ago. These were longggggg overdo for a make over lemme' tell ya' lol.



Heres a lil closer pic of the fabric. If you have a hobby lobby near you be sure to check out their reproductions fabrics. I just love 'em. Don't have a hobby lobby ? I would be willin' to get some for you. Just lemme' know =) I would love to eventually find some ol' barn doors to replace the doors that I have now. I ran into a pair that woulda' been perfect a year ago for 30 bucks a piece but I was outta' town (pretty far from home) at a festival (their last day) and had no way to haul 'em back home =( Every barn door I have seen since then they want a fortune for 'em !
Well shucks I sure coulda' swore I took more christmas decor pics than that ! Hmmmm ......guess I will try n get a few more ta' share with ya's tonight.
So did any of ya'll take advantage of the after Thanksgivin' sales ? I'm one a those crazy people who go out at about 2 a.m. lol Me and my best friend Shirl have done it together for about the last 12 years. I try to save money through out the year just for the sales. This year I got my hubby the 198.00 dollar laptop WalMart offered for his late B~day present. I tell ya it runs just as good as my wayyyy pricier laptop. I would love ta' share all the GREAT deals I got with ya'll but....... I have family members who read my blog and I ain't givin' away what I got 'em lol. Ya'll thought I'd slip didn't ya Josh ? Lindsey ? Kinzie ? Jess ? Justin ? Tom ? Crystal ? ohhhhh and you to Dear Hubby lol !
O.k I'm gonna get goin' n get ta' work on finishin' up some things today soooo........
Till next time my Prim Friends.....
Prim Huggs n Blessins

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my, you have been a busy lady. Love everything. I've been thinking about using the rest of my paper clay (that is trying to dry out on me) to make snowballs.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Whew Gurl! My head is spinning from all you have been doing. I think I need to sit down and recover. Everything looks so nice, even Ms Daisy Mae in her cap, what a cutie. Your tree is looking gorgeous, I so need the encourgement to get all my trees put up. Love what you did with the pantry door...lovely!

~willa~

Janet - underthewillow said...

Love the paint colors! I recently did the breakfast nook in similar colors and love it. Your tree looks like a nice one, hopefully you can get those lights fixed...and what a great treatment you put on the pantry doors!

janet

TJ said...

Good idea Lisa. That paper clay works good for those.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

Attic Clutter said...

TJ
I am so glad you came by --so I can meet you and see your darling prim stuff(:)
Love the gold bread box and the window with the Christmas sign in it so wonderful YOU have a real decorating talent (:)cute doggy too (:) I hear ya on the busy weekend and cooking, etc.. so nice to have a slow day (:)
Keep trying on the
''right number''(giveaway ..hugs, Patty

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh my! I just started following your blog and I'm lovin' it! I love the new cabinet paint color. I can't wait to see it all against the red kitchen. I've been thinking about painting my dining room a barn red color and I'm not getting very good feedback. =[ So I can't wait to see yours!

I must say, I think you are turning me onto auctions! We live a few miles from an auction house. I find myself watching their signs now to see when they have an auction I can make. I'm a little scared about it, I'll be honest! But you have some awesome finds at amazing prices!!

I work at Hobby Lobby and am always shopping over in the fabric dept. I love homespun and we have lots of it, always on sale. I use my 40% off coupon and get my employee discount on top of that. So I can really get some good deals!

Love your blog! Have a great week~

At Home With Amy said...

I love the new color of your cupboards. Is it a butterscotch or mustard color? My monitor may not be showing me the exact color correctly.
Your tree has a very nice shape to it. I love skinny trees best. Make sure you post more pictures when you get everything decorated.
Hugs,
AMY

Abatevintage said...

I love your blog its gorgeous.

Sallie Mae is adroable, bet she had fun decorating.

Your decorations look great the snowmen are darling.

Have a great week.


.•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Jody said...

I so enjoy your blog! Everything looks so pretty! Thanks for visiting mine also,and for such a sweet comment!