Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is anyone ready for a lil a this yet ????? And Some Pics

Hi ya'll Hope this post finds in great spirits !
Hump day went quick round here. I worked 7 a.m. till 3p.m. Then had a Drs appt. to get a coddle done on my back. The back is feelin' ohhhhh sooo much better. I might actually be able to finish up my decoratin' this weekend =)
Ohhhh the title of the post.....Is anyone ready for this ?
I was lookin' thru pics and found these from last Jan. Bundle up with some hot cocoa and take a looksie ;0)





This is a shot from Jan 09. This looks out across what used to be our pond towards the neighbors house.



This one is the right side of our property. That's our dog Duke peekin' out the doghouse door. He is part blood hound and St Bernard. My hubby has his doggy house insulated and dry walled lol.He wants him to be comfy and when it get's real cold he comes in.



This is Ms Daisy playin' in the snow. She just lovvveesss to run n root in it lol. She gets it up her nose and then snorts tryin' to get it out lol......




The Vette is buried !




These icicles were hangin' from the porch.




Love the way the snow looks layin' on the trees



One more of Ms Daisy. We got several inches when this snow storm hit us in January. I just want snow at Christmas this year and that'll be enough for me !


My Daughter and I went greenery pickin' Monday. We were in the woods for bout 2 hours lookin' for just the right greenery.Had a blast with just her and I and nature.
Looked for some berries but couldn't find not a one anywhere =(
But we did get a lot of greenery. Here are a couple pics....

This is my huge dough bowl that sits in the center of my table. I put lotsa greenery,pine cones and some strands of rusty bells. I had a real candle in the center but swapped it out for a flickerin' candle to make it safer.






I decided to add some christmas fabric to make the settin' a lil more festive. I also added some pip berries around the bowl....but I did'nt get a pic of it.




This is the chandelier that hangs above the
table. I'd like to take it down after the holidays and paint it a different color.

View lookin' up at it.


Above my pantry doors. Put up the Let It Snow sign some greenery. My olde' frosty hat I made and a lil wooden snowman shelf sitter.


Pea Pickin' Cutteeee snowman sampler I picked up at Jo's
I loveeeeeeee snowmen ! Lots lol

Fresh greenery on top of my hutch and one of those plastic candy canes wrapped up with homespun.

This belonged to my mother. It lights up and looks 3~D It's a piece that really has A LOT of special memories attached to it. I'm glad my Dad gave it to me to display in my home.

This is what it looks like with the lights out in the room.

ohhhhh is that another snowman ? Did i tell ya'll I Loveeeeeeee snowmen ? lol

Found a pic with the pip berries around my dough bowl. I think they make the whole look pop better.


Geesh I need to browse my pics better before postin' lol
Here's a pic of the chandelier that shows where I added lil pip berry rings around the candle sleeve.

Ok girlies it's 3:15 a.m. and I've loaded this post with lotsa pics....Hopefully not tooo many lol. I have to be at work at 11:00 a.m. so I better try n get some sleep. Hopefully I will get everything completely done this weekend so I can post full pics of everything all put together. Till next time my Prim Friends
Huggs n Blessins

13 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

I love all the fresh greenery you have put out. We have a lot of trees on our property but no pines. A friend of mine at work that owns a Christmas Tree Farm is bringing me some in so I should be in good shape soon. Thanks for the great ideas on how I might display some of it this year.
Hugs,
AMY

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love all the greenery, we have woods out in my back yard but I've never ventured out there yet in the four years I've lived here, I'd probably come face to face with a huge buck and faint,LOL

Your home is lovely and can't wait to see more when you are finished!
Rondell

Janet - underthewillow said...

You sure did find the perfect greenery, I love it! Love the big bowl with the greenery and candle too! and I can't wait for snow, yay!

Janet

tattered 'n torn prims said...

I'm diggin' the second set of pix much better than your first!! LOL!!! I remember all that snow....and am not ready for it's return yet!! :O) Your decorations however are VERY inspiring!! LOVE the fresh pine everywhere!!

Thanks for the visit.....I'm adding you to my blog list!!! YEA!!!

Have a great Thursday!
Stace

Christine said...

The snow pics are amazing - we never get that much snow!
I love all your greenery and can't wait to go get some soon.
Best wishes
Christine

TJ said...

Rondell your post cracked me up about comin face to face with a buck lololol I can just see that happenin' lol but with me it'd be me trippin' over a ewwwwwww I hate ta even type the word ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ok ok a sssnnnnaakkkeeeeeeeee yikkkkessssss
I only go in our woods when I think they are hubernatin' ! Creeepy critters !!!! Ewwwwww
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

TJ said...

LOL Stace meeeee 2 hehehe....Im soooooooo not lookin' forward to a bunch a that snow anytime soon ! Christmas Eve and even Christmas Morn will be a ok with me.Thanks for addin' me =) Lookin forward to gettin' ta' know some wonderful bloggin buds and hope to count you as one =)
Prim Huggs N Blessins
TJ

TJ said...

Chrisitine or anyone else who cant find any greenery. I have access to lots here we are surronded by woods on 3 sides.
the woods across the street has bunches of pine trees there, I'd be willing to pick it and pack it provided that you pay the shippin'
fee. Lemme know if your interested

TJ said...

Thanks Janet. It took a few hours to stumble on just the right kind. Now my neighbor has a beautiful loooking pine ....loooks like a cedar pine..just a beautiful pine
i am tempted to ask 'em if they would mind if I took a few branches of it.Will try to get a pic of it to share with ya'll
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

TJ said...

Amy that is soooooo sweet of your friend =) Glad I gave ya a few ideas =) Cant wait to see whatcha' do =)
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I haven't ventured out in our woods yet, gonna do it next week. I should have already went out-- next week will probably be freezing temps! Love your greenery pics. I love just sticking them here, there and everywhere.

I can't believe how much we have in common! I love snowmen! I have more snowmen than Santa. And rusty bells are fun to decorate with. Great idea on wrapping the plastic candy canes with homespun!! (homespun--another one of my favorites!). We always have those left over after Christmas at Hobby Lobby but I've never bought them because I don't like the plastic look. I can't believe I've never thought to wrap them. Great idea! Only this year, we didn't get any in. I guess they quit buying them because they didn't sell well. Darn! I'm gonna have to find them somewhere now. Lol! Thanks for all the great inspiration!

Alana Jo said...

I think I have about 1001 comments. LOL.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE snowmen too, oh and gingerbread men too.

Your home is so pretty.

What are pip berries and where did you find them? I've been looking everywhere for some bead garland that looks like cranberries.

The candy cane wrapped in homespun is adorable! I would never have thought to do that!

Its a winter wonderland here at our house too. But we don't have those huge icicles. (sp?)

My little dog Sophie hates the snow. She doesn't even want to go outside to go potty. LOL.

Oh and one last thing. LOL.. My niece Deidra has a boxer named Daisy!

-Alana Jo
yahoobuckaroo@hotmail.com
www.justniftythrifty.com
http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/thats_just_nifty_thrifty/
www.twitter.com/NiftyThrify

Abatevintage said...

Tj,

Oh my gosh what an adorable picture of Daisy running in the snow.

What great snow pictures, I love em all, and it looks so darn cold in the pictures.

Have a great day,

Blessings



?´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´??¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´? Heidi ?)