Monday, December 14, 2009

What I've been Workin' On & A New Blog U Gotta Visit

Hi ya'll I hope this post finds ya'll in GREAT spirits !
Is everyone done with their Christmas shoppin' ?
Every year I swear I am NOT gonna wait till the last minute to finish but guess what ?!?!?.................yepp you guessed it I'm NOT done =(  I still have some handmades I need to get started & finished up, some gifts for the kids I still haven't picked up & bakin' to do. I did start a lil bit of my bakin' last night. I hafta' work the next 9 days straight (I get Sunday off only) so I'm gonna' be a busy beaver every night after work since I won't be able to do anything during the day. Ya' know Willa @ The Old Cupboard Door had a post the other day titled Hurry Hurry Hurry (click the link to go read it) and she is soooo right it does seem like we always need to hurry hurry hurry for somethin'.

I was blog hoppin' the other day and I found this wonderful new blog called  Prim In A Small Town (<~~~link )
 Pam is new to the bloggin' world so let's all go over and give her a BIG welcome to blog land ! She has some awesome pics of her home and things she hand makes. What a small world we live in too cause she is a fellow southern Indiana Hoosier ! Click on the link above and head on over to Pam's blog to say hello.

This is what I've been workin' on. Sorry it's not a prim craft to share. I haven't gotten my sewing machine out in a lil over a week, but I  will tonight to start those gifts. I also love to do paper crafts. So I started my Christmas book for this years Christmas pictures. I try to make one every year so we can add that years pictures to it. I need to take pics of years past books and share.
Anyway here are a few pages I have done.....

This is the front of my book.....


On the inside cover I have the year 2009 and I leave blank spaces for everyone to write a fav memory about that years Christmas

This page has a lil tags where I will write down things about the season and put pics of our home decked out for the holidays.



This page will have a picture of our main Christmas Tree




This page will have a picture of the whole family




Not sure what i will put on this page yet. Maybe a pic of our stockin's after Santa fills 'em up Christmas Eve. I want to add somethin' else to this page too cause it's missin' somethin'




This one will have a pic of someone kissin' ....Probably my oldest son and his fiance ;0) They are officially engaged now ! He proposed 3 weeks ago on her birthday and she accepted. There will be a weddin' in Aug 2010. I'm soooo happy for them !



Ohhhh I also wanna share one of my fav Christmas ornaments. I'm going to try to post a different one everyday up until Christmas...
Here is my 1st one. This was made by my 2nd oldest son when he was in kindergarten. He is 21 now. I love lookin' at all the stuff the kids made when they were young.











Their books were the ABC's of their fav Christmas things. His were the Christmas Tree, Stockings and toys lol


Ohhhh my fav prim store on the way home is havin' a 20% off sale. Ohhhh how I wish I could treat myself to lotsa stuff there lol. I did pick up a few things here is a pic of one of the items I bought.


Cute Lil basket with rusty stars, greenery and pinecones. I changed the ribbon on it but forgot to take a new picture of it. This was only 4.89 Thought it was a pretty good deal. I went to a few thrift stores today and found a few things but forgot to get pics of them too. I will share some pics of them in my next post.

Well I better get goin' and get started on some sewin' so till next time Prim Friends
Prim Huggs n Blessins

11 comments:

The Old Cupboard Door said...

All I can say is wow!wow!wow! your cards are awesome. Love the basket you picked up too. Thanks for mentioning Pam's blog, it's awesome! Can't wait to see what you are sewing tonight, hope you will show and tell.

Til next time
~willa~

Janet - underthewillow said...

What an absolutely wonderful thing your book of memories is! That is just the best! Love your son's ornament and the goodie you picked up for yourself!

Now I'm off to check out the blogs you mentioned!

Merry Christmas!
Janet

Tonya said...

I've got the shopping and wrapping done it's the baking that I'm behind on! I'll hopefully get started on that this weekend.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas book. I'm a scraper too and I love to see what others come up with.

Now I'm off to check out that new blog.

Have a wonderful day!

Pam said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning my blog...you are a sweetie! I signed in this morning & I now have 19 followers...woo hoo!!!
I love your Christmas book...that is such a great idea! Don't feel left out about your Christmas shopping cuz I still am not done & not sure when I will get time to finish up. My kids are kind of worried cuz the tree looks a little bare underneath...lol!
Well I didn't get a chance yesterday to post but I will try my hardest today. My daughters Christmas program is tonight & I can't wait for that! Hope you have a great day! Gotta go get ready for work!
~HUGS~
Pam

At Home With Amy said...

Are we ever really done shopping? Seems like there is always something I have forgotten and I have to run out at the last minute to pick it up. I love your book. It will be a real treasure to you in the years to come.
Enjoy your week.
AMY

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your son's ornament, I always hang my kids ornaments it just wouldn't Christmas with out them!
Love your Christmas book too!

Rondell

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Thank you for the compliments on my stockings. I am done with them though I think I need to twek mine. LOL.

Love your book you created!!! My Mom just gave me an ornament that I got when I was in kindergarten last night. I LOVE the ones my kids made when they were younger.

Mary

Birgit said...

What a great Christmas memory book... I just LOVE it!! I'm a huge paper crafting fan as well and I love getting inspiration from others especially if they like prim things like me too!
Your blog is wonderful and I'm adding it to my list so I can visit back frequently.
Have a blessed Christmas!
Birgit

sonyadawn said...

WOW I don't scrapbook, but you make me want too... how beautiful, you are very talented.... wishing you a merry CHRISTmas!!

Jill said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a beautiful New Year.

Blessings,
Jill

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Love the Christmas book, what a cute idea! I scrapbook our Christmas' into one album, never thought about making a separate album for each year. Looks like you are getting a lot accomplished for as much as you are working!! I only work 2 days a week and always wish I had more time. You go, girl!