Monday, December 28, 2009

Another One Come & Gone~Some Things I've Been Workin' On & Ramblin's

Hi ya'll
Hope this post finds ya'll in GREAT spirits. I just can't believe Christmas has come and gone and another decade is almost here. Is'nt it funny how when you are younger time seems to go soooooo darn slow and the moment you hit your late teens, early 20's, time seems to hit warp speed ! ~lol~ I hope and pray that 2010 is a better year for everyone. 09 brought some really tuff times not only for  me and my family, but many, many other families across the country as well. I hope the economy turns for the better soon and those without jobs will find steady work soon. Our unemployment rate here locally is still at an all time high. We had 2 major factories shut their doors and a 3rd that may possibly do the same soon.
Praying for better times for all in the new year to come !

I wanna' thank you all for your prayers, well wishes and emails for my son Jess. They were much appreciated ! Just goes to show that their ARE still caring and wonderful people out there in this big ol' world. So far Jess is doin' a lil better. He had some issues with his leg and hand going numb and was still havin' headaches off and on, but today no headache anddddd his vision is better ! We cannot get into the Dr. until after the 1st of the year ! Which is a big bummer. I'd much rather get him in like yesterday ! When I spoke with the Dr's office at first, they hadn't gotten the paperwork from the E.R. yet and told me they should be able to squeeze him in this week but now I called and they felt that there wasn't a need to try and squeeze him in after reading the ER report. They still feel that this episode was due to dehydration but I just don't know. Hopefully my mind and nerves can be put to ease soon.Ya'll know how us mamas can be when it comes to our babies. Soooo I spose' we will just keep a good eye on him and he promised to let us know immediately if he begins to feel weird or if ANYTHING else goes numb and if it does.........well back to the ER we will go. Again thank ya'll sooooo much from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It meant the world not only to me and Jess but my whole family as well.



Ohhhh motivation where have you gone ?!?!? Anyone else havin' trouble in that area ? I got up Sunday with the "thoughts" of havin' a VERY productive day.....well lets say my motivation just wasn't up to par until later in the afternoon lol. I finally got myself going and got the tree down and packed away. Decorations wrapped and boxed. All put back where they go till next year. I gotta' say though I got a lil' sad as I was wrappin' the decorations and boxin' 'em up. It was like sayin' goodbye to an olde friend that your not gonna' see for awhile lol. I snapped a few pics of my daughter trying to help me get that dang tree back in the box it came out of . How's come the darn things don't ever wanna' go back in the way they come out ???? No matter what it is it never wants to fit back in the box like it did before you removed it lol

Here's DD pushin' and pokin'


And pushin' and pokin' and both of us were laughin' hysterically......hehee...Hey ya' gotta' laugh or else we both woulda' probably just gave up and threw the tree out the door lol.



And pushin' and pokin' and laughin' till our tummies hurt and the tree fluffled BACK up soooo we laughed some more lol....

Soooooooo we started back at square one with some more pokin', pushin', proddin', and broke a lil sweat lol till we finally showed that DARN tree who was bosses in this house lol !


Whewww what a work out !!!!!


I did have wonderful motivation Saturday night. I picked up these 8  boards at Goodwill for 10 bucks. Thought they would work great for some handmade signs.


They measure 4 foot long by 7 and a half inches wide. Hubby and I got to thinkin' that they would work really great for the shelves I had wanted to put right above my windows awhile back. Soooo I got out my trusty olde can a flat black paint.......
What would I do without it lol
changed into some olde clothes and got busy.
Here it is after the flat black was applied.....



Then I took some olde candle wax and rubbed in spots where I wanted the black to kinda show through the top layer of paint after I sanded it all down.
I painted the second layer using a paint called bread basket. It's from Menards and is part of the American Spirit Collection. I just loveeeee this color. After that dried, I sanded it and then applied Minwax Early American over that.



Lil closer view.


We let it set overnight to cure really good. Sunday afternoon after I'd found my missin' motivation and kenz and I had gotten the tree and deco's up, hubby and I added the brackets to it. I picked these out because they matched my curtain rod.






I'd like 'em to look a lil worn though =( Not sure how to achieve that look though....So they'll hafta' do for now.Anyone got any ideas to share on how to make 'em look a bit time worn ?
Here it is above my window in the kitchen....



I loveeee havin' another spot to put some of my decorations... Here is a pic with some things on it. I'm still deciding what looks the best up there...gotta tweak it a lil' bit still ....and get a better pic in the daylight too.






Not too bad for some boards found at the local Goodwill huh ?
I wanna put some above my patio doors too and maybe above the bay window as well. I love havin' more space to put up some prim decorations. Plus it'll give me a reason to shop for some primtastic goodies to fill the space too right ?!? lol

I also got this cool spinner rack that held gift cards from one of our local Blockbusters that is going out of business. I paid 8 bucks for it and I figure I can hang some craft supplies from it.....

I got an awesome suprise for Christmas !!!! My DH got a couple cabinets,paint (not colors I really like but he did try lol and I just cant break yer' lil' ol' heart hunny in case yer readin' hehe so I'll keep it.) and a counter top. We have this room that's between the living room and dining room....now this is all open no walls dividing it. But we have this one wall that I have another modern hutch sitting against that I've been wanting to get rid of anyway soooooooooo hubby found someone who wanted it and I'm gettin' my very own creatin' wall space !!!! And the bestest part is I will still be able to do it right in here with the family. I cannot WAIT to get it organized so I can show ya'll. It's gonna be soooooo nice to have everything outta the bins and it actually have it's own place...wow I won't know how to act if I can find what I'm lookin for without having to look in each bin like I used too. whewwww If my typing is a lil off it's because my sleeepy meds actually started to kick in a lil sooner than normal oopppsss. Well I was going to share a few sneak peeks with ya's but.......since my head is hanging low, now lower. lol Ive never had one of them hit that darn fast before ! hmmmm
I also had a DR appt today with my back and pain managment Dr whom I've seen for the last 3 yrs for my L4L5 bulging discs. I got some testin' done FINALLY after wanting it done for over 2 years.
Since this sleepy pill has decided to kinda take effect wayyyyyy sooner than normal I will hafta letcha' all know about that the next post. So I guess I will go and maybe get some sleep......
Kinda like taz is here lol

So next time my Prim Friends......Hope to share a lil more on my crafting space the Dr visit and some more ramblins and maybe even a few finished things !
Note To Self~~~~those sleepy pills DID act faster than normal !
Sorry My Prim Friends I really didn't think they'd do that shucks.
Soooo Till Next Time My Prim Friends
Hugggsss n Blessins

13 comments:

peggy said...

I like your shelves and that you told us how to do it. Also like your snowman background. And thank goodness for Goodwill! I love them too.

Pam said...

Good morning! I hope your son continues to improve...I can't believe your Dr. didn't want to see him ASAP...I guess they know what their talking about though!
I loooooove your shelf...great paint job! I will have to remember the candle wax thing the next time I do a makeover! Don't you just love the GW...that is my new favorite store! I was just there last week & thinking I need to make another trip very soon! Hope you're having a great day...I'm gonna go get some breakfast & get to crafting!
Hugs,
Pam

Carmen S. said...

Hi there, I am a new follower and the shelf looks wonderful! My thrift stores never get wood in, what a great find! I will keep your son in my prayers, I have an 18 yr. old who just joined the army under delayed enlistment, he will leave in June, so I know how we mommas worry! I hope they can find out exactly what happened and your son is okay now!

Janet - underthewillow said...

I always enjoy reading your posts, you crack me up!

Your shelf looks awesome! A girl just can't have too much display space!

I surely hope your son's condition continues to improve and that you are able to get him seen and get a diagnosis....that's got to be SOOO worrisome!

I got all my Christmas stuff put away too and you're right, the trees never go back into the box the way they came out!

Happy New Year!
Janet

Christine said...

Hope your son continues to get well - nothing more worrying than a sick child and no one to explain it so I sympathize lots.
Those shelves are great and something I'd love to do in my kitchen.
Hoping all goes well,
Christine

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Awww TJ, when I arrived to read your blog this morning I was so hoping for a super report on your son. I will continue to say a prayer for him. Grrrr, on the drs office not getting him in asap, no lollypop for the dr!

Love your post. They are always interesting to read and love the touch of humor you add, I usually giggle!

The shelf looks awesome! Love the color and the primness. Your primlicious items show off the shelf beautifully.

Clap, clap and some kudos too for your sweetie getting the cabients and painting them for you.

Jill said...

Praying that all is working out for your son, and the whole family!

I laughed my head off at the tree packing . . mostly because I struggle with the same thing every year.

LOVE the shelf and frugal find! Great job.

Blessings and have a Happy New Year!
~ Jill

Stacey said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with your son and family. May God, the great healer, place his loving hands on your son and make him better. :)

Your shelves are so neat! I have always wanted to do that above my windows, you to be able to stuff more prim things on. lol I think maybe my windows are a little tall for that, but I can still dream.

Whew! So glad you got that rascal of a tree put away! I remember those days, when my mom and I would put away the tree at home. Thankfully now I just can carry our tree upstairs and not have to take it down. It is tall enough and thin enough to make it through the upstairs door. Sometimes it can be awkward to get up there, but so well worth the fact that I don't have to take it apart and then remove all of the lights. Until some burn out like they did for this year because it took me almost 2 hours to reput lights back on it. ugh!

Have a blessed day and stay strong in the Lord for He is good and will answer all your prayers.

Blessings,
Stacey

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I hope you and your son feel better for 2010.

Great find on the wood boards!!! I too have thought about putting shelves over my windows, BUT my ceilings are too low. bummer

Can't wait to see your new space. I hope one day to be able to have a craft space again.

Mary

Lynn Barbadora said...

Thinking of you and your son and hope the New Year brings restored health and happiness. Love how your shelf came out!
Happy New Year!!!
Hugs
Lynn

Tins and Treasures said...

I hope you hear good new about your son. Keep us posted.

Your shelf does look sooo cute. I love that color too.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year ~Natalie

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

Loved the photos...especially love the shelf and how you decorated it!

I'm also lacking in the motivation right now. Sure hope to get it back soon! So much to do!

Hope all goes well at the doctor's appointment and you can rest your mind. I know how it is to worry about our babies!

Wishing you health and happiness for the new year! ~~Annie

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Glad to hear Jess is doing better! Scary, scary!

Ya'll were cracking me up trying to get that tree back in the box! Why does it never go back in as easy as it comes out? Such a great mystery!

I love what you did with the boards. I love that color too, kinda like a mustard color. They look great! I agree... you can never have too many prim things! =] Looking forward to your crafting space pictures. I've slowly been working on my space so I know what you mean about the bins!!