Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Dedication To My Mom Barbara Ann

I wasn't sure if I really wanted to post this on my blog but after thinking about it I decided that I really wanted to. I want to because I would like to share the memories I have of laughter, warmth,kindness,compassion,a love of church and a smile that could light up a room from someone I called Mother and friend. Feb. 13Th marks 16 years that she has been gone from our lives, gone but never forgotten and I see her in the littlest things. Like the sunrise, a robin flying overhead, seeing my children and ohhhh the list could go on. I know she is in a better place with no more pain or worries but that selfish part of me still wishes that I could have one more day, one more moment to let her know how much she means to us all.


My Mom had a quadruple bypass surgery in 1989. She was a fighter and had faith and it sure pulled her through when the Dr's even had doubt that even with the surgery she would make it. She had a stroke a week after the surgery but she didn't let that weigh her down. She came through it with prayer and faith and sure will to live. The Dr's said with the surgery she may last a year but again she proved them wrong and made it 4 years. My youngest son was born Jan. 15Th and Mom passed away Feb 13Th at the young age of 54 from a massive heart attack. I am sooo glad she had the chance to see her last grandchild born. I just wish that he could have had the chance to know her himself instead of just through the stories of the memories we all hold dear.I was 21 when I lost my Mom but it sure seems like yesterday. There isn't a day that goes by that there isn't some reminder or thought of her. How her strength and love has made me what I am today. I sure hope when she looks down upon me she is proud of what she sees.


I can close my eyes and still hear her singing this song.....On The Wings Of A Dove......


(lyrics below)


(chorus) On the wings of a snow-white dove He sends His pure sweet love A sign from above (sign from above)On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)


When troubles surround us, when evils come The body grows weak (body grows weak)The spirit grows numb (spirit grows numb)When these things beset us, He doesn't forget us He sends down His love (sends down His love)On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)


(chorus)


When Noah had drifted on the flood many days He searched for land (he searched for land)In various ways (various ways) Troubles, he had some but wasn't forgotten He sent him His love (sent him His love) On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)


(chorus x2)


On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)


On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)


On the wings of a dove (wings of a dove)





So as I close this post I would say to everyone, Cherish those you love, let by gones be by gones, grudges get you nowhere, but only give you a heavy heart(that's what my Mom always said). Hold those you love, don't be afraid to share yourself ,your thoughts with those near and dear because you never know what tomorrow may bring and always keep faith because what you see as impossible, may not be, as my Moms life taught me. Just because someone said you only have a year, and said this surgery may not work she didn't let that get her down, she didn't loose faith or hope. She stayed strong and beat the odds. Thanks for letting me share a little snippet about my Mom with you. The 13Th I will be playing all her favorite old thyme gospel songs and I will write a little letter to her and put it in my journal along with the memories I have written down so that her life can be remembered by those who never met her. I think I would like to challenge you all who'd like to participate, to journal once a month, a memory about whatever. I think that writing these down are really important for generations to come. So they can get a glimpse of the past. I think that's why Primitive really appeals to me. My Mom instilled in me the love of knowing generations before me and to take life as it comes.


Here's a thought in your replies tell what Primitive means to you. Primitive to me means family love, morals, hard work, making do with what you got, slowing down. Its more than just prim decorating. It's a way of life as well.


OK I've rambled on enough lol. If any one is up to the challenge of monthly journaling I would love for you to share it. It can be a memory or just how your months been. Maybe I could make a special place here for us to share them or we could set up a blog. Any Ideas ? Please feel free to share !


Many Prim Hugggss n Blessin's


Willow

No comments: